Many Australian couples will be forking out a significant amount of money to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Why not make this Valentine’s day GST-free by baking your loved one a decadent (sugar-free) chocolate cake that won’t break the bank!
GST-FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F (fan-forced).
- Combine the cocoa, self-raising flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut milk and olive oil.
- Mix well until smooth and combined – a whisk works well for this.
- Pour into a 20 cm (9 inch) baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cake for 55 – 60 minutes or until cooked through. Test after 45 mins as oven temperatures may vary.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
GST-free toppings to finish: fresh strawberries, raspberries or icing sugar!
View the detailed GST-free food list here.
The Australian Master GST Guide 2018 – 19th Edition includes key GST developments in 2018 with numerous examples, checklists and planning strategies to help you find GST answers quickly.